Hello DrupalGap Community,
Here is issue #4 of the DrupalGap Update newsletter.
Be sure to follow the upgrade guide for the latest features and bug fixes.
New page.tpl.html Syntax Required
Very important notice for any custom DrupalGap themes, you must update your page.tpl.html file.
Use DrupalGap to Build Web Apps
That's right folks, DrupalGap can now be used to build web applications. That means our app can run online as a web application, and will work across multiple modern browsers like FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer. Our single "app" directory in DrupalGap can now be used to power mobile apps for Android and iOS devices, and can be used as a stand alone web app available online for desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. This is perfect for a "headless" Drupal.
Introducing DrupalGap Manager
Perhaps you've heard of an amazing tool called Drush for Drupal development? Now imagine if we had something similar for DrupalGap. Thanks to Alexander Schedrov, we now have that tool... DrupalGap Manager!
Welcome drupalgap.min.js to the Party
The new drupalgap.min.js file is 35% the size of the regular drupalgap.js file. Use this new minified version for production environments, and to increase performance for your users!
New Core Features & Improvements
- Views Exposed Filters
- Added div wrapper around rendered fields with a class name equal to the field name, for easy CSS tweaks
- Splash Screen Feature
- When a field isn't supported on a node edit form, do not display it, instead just output a warning to console.log()
- Add support for range input (aka jQuery Mobile slider)
- Add an access_callback function for custom block visibility rules
- Add a Logout Block
- Add "Create new account" button to login form
Core Bug Fixes
- DrupalGap Forms API Does not Handle Negative Weights (thanks to Alexander Schedrov for the fix)
- Allowing Multiple Image Fields on Form (thanks to Christopher Schaub for the fix)
- When adding a new node, "Add content" is displayed as the page title instead of "Add [content-type]"
- When viewing another user's profile, the title of the page is "My account"
- Clicking the "View" Local Task Tab on User Profiles Displays an Empty Page (thanks to Thane for sponsoring the fix)
- theme_pager_link() does not append link attributes
New Contrib Module
Contrib Module Updates
New DrupalGap Association Members
New DrupalGap Donor
- Building Mobile Applications with DrupalGap
- Building Mobile Applications by Example (DrupalCamp Ohio 2014)
How to Get Involved
Have an idea about how DrupalGap can be improved? Spotted a bug? Squashed a bug?
- View the DrupalGap contributions page to learn more about getting involved
- Join the DrupalGap Association or make a donation to support DrupalGap
- Geting Started
- Support Topics
- Premium Support (see the partner program for discounts)
Thanks, and happy coding!